Friday, December 24, 2010

Hungry Like The Wolf part 1

I've started running recently. I thought I should get fit. But this realization didn't just dawn on me without a cataclysmic turning point.


I may be the laziest sum'bitch in the world when it comes to working out. I can come up with the most lame excuses to get out of a little exercise. There's the "I'll start tomorrow excuse". I also have the "I just won't eat a lot today" excuse. The lamest I have is the "I broke a little perspiration when I climbed that flight of stairs so I think I'm okay" excuse. I suck when it comes to working out. I cut it short. I walk more than I run then I walk short distances. I TOTALLY SUCK!



I never really cared how my body looked like. I THOUGHT I had an absolutely adorable personality that whatever I looked like wouldn't matter. I didn't care about the aesthetics of my physical self (that's what you call loving oneself too much!). I'm one of those kids that were convinced by UGLY people that "beauty is in the inside".


The turning point was about 2 weeks ago. My nephew, when he doesn't have classes, usually stay at my room when he wakes up to watch morning cartoons. He does this before I wake up and it really doesn't bother me. I kind of like it. 

One morning, I was woken up by an unusual feeling around my belly area. It was rhythmic. Half awake I was hearing Spongebob Squarepants in the background. As I gathered my wits, I realized what was happening. My nephew was using my belly as drums as he sings to the opening song of Spongebob. He was actually doing really well and the bass from the taps on my belly added depth to the already upbeat sound of Spongebob's song.




Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
Bum, Bum, Bum, Bum

Spongebob, Squarepants!
Bum, Bum, BumBumBum!

I was horrified! You see, when any part of your body makes a sound that mimics any musical instrument, you should do something about it, immediately. The same day I got my "gear" together and I said to myself, "As good as it sounds, this is no way to make good music." That day I started running.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment